Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I went to the Sudanese refugee school again today. I had 2nd graders instead of 5th graders this morning so we just went over the alphabet. It was harder then you would expect. During lunch though one little kid named Manuel came over and wanted me to do math with him. He was really good at addition he could even go up to the thousands place and he was having fun doing it, but when I changed to subtraction his mood rapidly changed. He refused to do it and would draw in the second line to make the - into a +. We changed what we were doing to the alphabet and spelling after math and continued working together until 12 when the lower grades left and the higher grades came in. I read with 2 6th graders until it was time for me to go.

The elementary school librarian took Sara and me to a small part of the market where we went shopping in some silver stores and an artist gallery then we came back, and now we’re waiting for Thai food to be delivered to our apartment.

1 comment:

Claudia and George Salinger said...

Hey Frankie.....read your blog today....as before, they are well written....and informative...keep up the good work. You'll just have to print them off and you'll have your homework assigment for school.

Hope you are learning something from this experience.

Love Grandma