Saturday, November 1, 2008

in cairo

When we arrived in Cairo there was a man waiting for us and on the sign it actually had my name on it along with my dad and Sara’s. He took us through custom and got us our visas and our bags. He took us out to a driver that was to take us to our apartment.
Driving was crazy. There seemed to be no driving laws to follow, people just went where they could as fast as they wanted. I though we were going to get hit for sure, but after a 45 minute drive we got to our apartment and peter from the school was waiting for us.

Peter and 2 kids that lived in a small house attached to the apartments helped us get our bags in. then he gave us about an hour to get cleaned up and get our bags unpacked then he came back and we went and got dinner.

On the way to dinner we got to check out the school because there was a Halloween party for the kids.

Dinner was great but I was so tired I really just wanted to get to sleep. On the walk back to the apartment we saw guards go and break up a fight between two local kids and it made me think "no matter where you are if you get a lot of teenagers together there’s going to be a fight.”
When we got back to the hotel we said our goodnights and ran into teachers from the school one of which was the math teachers whose class I was going to attend. We went upstairs lounged around for a while and finally got to go to sleep and today I get to go see pyramids.

2 comments:

Claudia and George Salinger said...

This is going to be so exciting for you. A once in a lifetime experience. Enjoy...and hang on to your wallet and passport and visa....I hope they don't give you more important items, your underwear will fall down.

Grandma

Unknown said...

Stay away from the crazy teenagers! lol j/k