Wednesday, November 5, 2008

So today I had classes in the morning. Firs off I had integrated math. Here they just take all forms of math and throw them into one class instead of having algebra 1, geometry, algebra 2 ect. It wasn’t that much different from my math class in America ,we were doing the same ; but what was different was that at the end of class he gave us a problem we didn’t know how to do and told us to figure out how to do it. It was pretty interesting.

My second class was a theory of knowledge class. The teacher was crazy and I mean crazy. She was jumping around the room talking about exponentialism , getting into big argument with kids about the way people act and why. We talked about how we have choices and free will. We also talked about if we are actually forced to do anything if we choose not to. This class got really heated and crazy, it made me want to take a philosophy class.

Later I went to the refugee school wit h the suitcase of gift for the kids. We had t-shirts and office supplies for them. We gave the older kids the shirt because they were to big for the younger kids and we’re giving the younger kids the pens and pencils. The kids looked so happy to get new clothes. The teachers were very grateful as well.

For dinner we went to this good restaurant down town. The food was great but it took us along time to get out and Sara and my dad had to go to the book fair soon. We got there on time and now I’m waiting in the library for them to be done.

Tomorrow I’m going to the refugee school in the morning then my dad is coming to read to the kids. After that M.J crouch (the lady that’s been taking me to the school and helping me out) is going to take me to the zoo!

4 comments:

Claudia and George Salinger said...

I'm glad you are learning as well as teaching. Can you study philosphy while you play video games? hahaha

Take good pictures from the zoo.
Grandma

Anonymous said...

Hey...is that the tee-shirt I gave Michael for Christmas??? He's dead meat!!! LOL.

Unknown said...

YAY! Sounds so cool! I hated my philosphy class in college, btw. Can't wait to hear about the zoo trip!

michael salinger said...

bring it on sister...

actually though - the neck was too tight