Friday, November 7, 2008

last day in cairo

I went to the refugee school at 8 and worked with the kids until around 10 then it was their break time. During their break Emanuel came over and wanted to do math again. MY dad showed up around 10:30 to read to the kids. All the kids were having a good time doing poetry with him and listening to him read stories. When we had to leave they were all sad and Emanuel ran over and gave me a big hug.

After we left and dropped my dad off me and M.J went to the zoo. The first thing that happened when we walked in was a man asked if we wanted to see a lion. We said ok then he lead us to a back room where a zoo keeper showed us lions. Then he said do you want to hold a baby lion, I said yes again. We went to another room and the zoo keeper gave me a baby lion, it was amazing it was like a giant kitten. Then the man took a picture and said 20 pounds. So we got in a big tussle with them then eventually gave him 20 pounds and got a ticket so we could go get the picture.

We went on and looked at all the animals and had allot of Egyptians want to speak English to us and some wanted to take pictures with us. After a while we wanted to go so we decided to go look for the photo hut to get the picture. We asked an Egyptian and he took us back to the man that tricked us into getting the picture. We found a map and eventually found the photo hut and I actually got the picture.

We headed back to the American school. I hung around there for a while then we went back to the apartment. At 4 peter and Ann came and picked us up to go the market. I can honestly say I didn’t get in to any trouble with cars this time. Peter showed us allot of cool shops and buildings then we went to dinner. We went to this really nice Egyptian place where the food was amazing and the people were even better. We were there for a while then we went shopping for a little bit then headed back to the apartment. And today were heading off on our cruise.

3 comments:

Claudia and George Salinger said...

Frankie, I'm jealous....I'd love to have held that lion.....me and grandpa saw a special on babie lion cubs and we decided we would like to have some.....

Lee Ann Spillane said...

Oh a lion! I'm jealous too--what a neat experience.

Rhi said...

Did you guys move or just visit...? It looks like an amazing experience though. And it would be awesome to hold a baby lion. =)